Sunday, September 19, 2010

First Impression: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

I had the opportunity to play the upcoming installment of the Need for Speed series. I have been a fan of the NFS series since the original Hot Pursuit, but it was Underground and Underground 2 that won my heart. Most Wanted wasn't horrible but it was not an Underground. So when I had the opportunity to get my hands on the new Hot Pursuit I was very excited as I'm sure you can understand.

There were only two cars to select from, I chose the Ferrari. The individual running the demo told me that to get a shirt I had to beat 1:50 on the only race that was available.

I'm sure you are as curious as I was, I asked him if they had any intentions of making a new Underground. His response was simply, "It took 9 years for us to make another Hot Pursuit. You've only been waiting 5 or 6 years for another Underground, so who knows."

Well anyways, back to the demo. The graphics were amazing and the handling was amazing, there was even a more realistic drift mechanic. I also had the use of some power-ups a turbo system, aside from NOS, and the ability to drop a spike strip ahead of you to slow your opponents. I actually finished the demo at 1:42 so lucky me I got a shirt woohoo!

Overall I am looking forward to this game, it is definitely the closest I am getting to another Underground anytime soon. I still stand behind my feeling that there will never be a game better that the original T.I. "24" Lil' Jon "Get Low" blasting Need for Speed Underground.

No comments:

Post a Comment